Posts tagged Boxing
Hey everyone! Welcome back to school in the new year! We have a few things going on after school that can help get you back in the groove, so check it out!
- Diploma Exams begin this week so make sure that you are doing everything you can to help out around the school (people need lots of focus to write these big tests!)
- Boxing is starting up again on WEDNESDAY after school this week. Come out or talk to Scott if you are interested!
- MARTIAL ARTS MONDAY is starting TODAY! All students and staff are welcome to come and learn a little bit about some traditional Japanese and Chinese martial arts (all fitness levels welcome). Talk to Scott if you are interested but unsure. Also, watch this video of an Aikido master teaching the first technique!
Health Services Youth Initiative – see Tim for more details.
For students: Interested in any health services career path, the biological sciences or “how things work” in the body
The Health Services Youth Initiative gives grade 11 students the opportunity to explore one of over 200 health occupations through a summer internship. Students earn an honorarium, school credit and valuable experience in the health services field of their interest. Students may be invited back the following summer at the employer’s discretion.
Registered Apprenticeship Program-See Tim for details – The Registered Apprenticeship Program is an Alberta Education initiative allowing students to begin their apprenticeship training in any of 52 apprenticeable trades while they’re still in high school. CAREERS works with school RAP coordinators to match suitable student apprentices to available internships, making the link between student and employer. RAP students earn a fair wage, high school credit and hours toward their chosen apprenticeship.
Boxing – Students interested in learning boxing should show up on Wednesdays after school until Christmas break. Scott will run through a number of drills for conditioning and technique in boxing for these next weeks and, if a group of students shows that they are willing to dedicate themselves to being coached in the sport, the school will arrange for a boxing coach to be made available after the holidays. Talk to Scott for more information.
Peru Crew Update: The Community Faena!
Ideally youth should be going to high school and really coming out feeling fulfilled, not just feeling that their time was just filled up. – Anonymous
Boxing – Boxing is canceled today.
SHAW Conference Centre is Hiring – 9797 Jasper Ave. Edmonton, AB
Competitive Wages Advancement Opportunities Flexible Schedules HOT MEALS provided Fun Staff Parties
- Banquet Servers & Bartenders
- Event Services Crew
- Dishwashers & Kitchen Helpers
- Part Time Events Security
See Tim for more details and information!
Do’s and Don’ts of renting an apartment – come out to this one hour session to learn about your rights as a tenant and the responsibilities of a landlord. Bring specific questions about maintenance, missed rent, plugged plumbing, etc. Native Studies Room- Wed April 13th at 11am
Boxing – Today afterschool! If you’re in Phys-Ed, you will also get Phys-Ed hours!