As you think about returning to school this fall, you might ask yourself: What is the best high school in Edmonton?
Each school will make its own claims about what makes its program special within its community. Some schools show academic excellence, others work hard to offer the best sports programming, and still others feature amazing art programs. And while Edmonton is home to a wide variety of great schools, there is only one answer to this question:
The best Edmonton high school is the one that fits you and your needs the best!
Boyle Street Education Centre (BSEC) believes that all students can learn when they have the correct support for their needs. BSEC is a public charter school that supports young people who have not yet found success in the mainstream education system. We work hard to be the most inclusive charter high school in Edmonton and this is what we offer:
– BSEC ensures students have seamless access to learning and support from wherever they are.
– No matter what has happened to you or where you have been, if you want support and are ready to learn, there is a place for you in this school.
– Our school will meet you where you are in your learning and together, we will build a success plan based on your strengths.
– All our students can learn when they have the right support.
– Not all strategies work for all students. We apply a range of strategies for each student based on what we know about their needs.
– Instruction at BSEC is engaging, differentiated and creative.
– Indigenous knowledge is part of every classroom.
– BSEC students can engage with indigenous community members and elders at school, at community events and through land-based learning programs.