COVID-19 Student Bulletin
Dear students, parents, guardians, staff members, and volunteers:
The spread of COVID-19 is a concern to our school community. Medical experts with Alberta Health Services (AHS) believe the risk to Albertans is low at this time but note that the situation is changing constantly.
The safety of our students, their families, staff members and volunteers is of the highest importance. We have developed a plan to stay open while reducing the spread of COVID-19 based on the recommendations laid out by Alberta Health Services.
Our focus at this time is on prevention. Our school already maintains a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene as part of our commitment to provide a welcoming, caring, respectful and safe environment.
Here’s what we’re doing in to ensure our school remains a safe and healthy place for people to gather:
- We are encouraging everybody who visits the school to perform good public health practices such as frequent handwashing, covering coughs and sneezes with an arm rather than your hands, and avoiding touching your face.
- In our classrooms and common areas, staff members are responsible for wiping down all high-contact surfaces with the disinfectant wipes provided. Students are welcome to assist if they choose.
- Professional cleaning services will clean the school 3 times a week while in operation and the public water fountains have been shut down.
Travel Recommendations for Anyone Connected to the School
- AHS is advising no travel outside of Canada. The Public Health Agency of Canada recommends that anyone returning from outside of the country self isolate for 14 days upon their return to the country. This recommendation does not apply to travel inside Canada at the moment.
- Anyone planning travel within Alberta/Canada over spring break is advised to check information regarding risk factors in those areas and follow recommended precautions.
- We are encouraging all students, staff members and volunteers to stay at home if they are feeling unwell, and to follow the guidelines recommended by Alberta Health Services.
We will keep you informed about the school’s response to COVID-19 as it unfolds via the website (www.bsec.ab.ca) and our Facebook messenger account. Thank you for your help and support in keeping BSEC strong and safe for all.
Scott Meunier, Principal (on the advice of our Superintendent, Mavis Averill).