Tuesday, Nov 13th
Learn to Save a Life, Bro! (and Sis!)
Wanna know how to save a life? BSEC is offering a First Aid/CPR course. When? Nov.26-28. Sign-up with Neda. There are only 10 spots available. Sign up quickly!
Come to School!
Attention All Funded Students: Please be aware that with November being a short month in terms of classes due to the week off, your attendance is vitally important in order for you to achieve your attendance and academic goals
Sweat it out!
Sweat: The next sweat is scheduled for Monday, November 19th. Students who wish to attend should sign-up with their teachers or Cliff.
Tuesday, Oct 30th
Attention Students! For today’s daily announcement contest answer the following questions and win a BSEC tee shirt or a lanyard or earrings. Your choice. You will also receive 2 points! Take your answers to Stephanie in the Social room.
- What devastating event is currently happening in the eastern United States? List 5 consequences of this catastrophe.
- What percent of 80 is 16?
- Mexico is mainly a rural society. True or false?
- How many strings are on the most common guitar?
- Sodium bicarbonate is also known as?
The November housing list is now available in Student Services, and online at:
If you need a referral for more housing supports, please see Brandy!
Wednesday, Oct 24th
Letting go ceremony:
Monday October 29th at 12:45-2:12- Write a letter for someone, yourself, lost loved one, who is not able to hear or see it. Go with staff and students down by the river to burn it and it will be released to those that need to hear your words.
Monday, Oct 15th
The three English teachers remain in despair and are claiming a current case of contagious brain-cramp. Each of the three teachers require student expertise in the area of COSTUME CHOICE FOR HALLOWE’EN…with a significant prize pending for the student who makes the best three suggestions for the trio.
Write your suggestions (include your name!!) and drop them off to the English room ASAP this week.
Monday, Oct 15th
Attention Students! For today’s daily announcements contest please answer the following questions and take your answers to MARY at the front desk. The first person will receive 3 points and a Subway gift card. The second person will receive 2 points and a subway gift card. The third, fourth and fifth persons will receive 1 point and a subway gift card. Everyone else will receive 1 point.
- What language would you expect to hear if you visited Lisbon?
- Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories. Name them
- Scott walked 6 ¾ kms to school, then 5 ½ more kms to the store. How far did Scott go?
- What layer of muscle moves up and down as you breathe?
- In baseball, what does it mean if a pitcher is a southpaw?
Clareview Walmart is having a hiring fair Thursday Oct 18thfrom 1pm to 4pm. Talk to Tim or Neda if you are interested.
Tuesday, Oct 9th
All students welcome to attend our school sweat Monday October 15th, leaving the school at 9:30 am. Sign up with your homeroom teachers.
Wednesday, Oct 3rd
Attention Students… For today’s contest the theme is how well do you know your school. The first student to see Stephanie in the Social Room will receive 3 points and a $5 Subway card. The second student will receive 2 points and a $5 Subway card. The next 3 students will receive 1 point and a subway card. Anyone else after that will receive a choice – one point or a subway card.
- What is the address and phone number of the school?
- Name 5 staff members and their role at the school
- List a minimum of 5 option classes that are offered at BSEC: Social, Science, Math, English DO NOT count
- Name one thing that you are thankful for in your life
- Why is this coming weekend a long weekend?
Tuesday, Oct 2nd
(Special) Early Dismissal Today – 2:12 PM
Housing List – October
Housing List now available HERE.
Provincial Youth Advisory Panel
The Provincial Youth Secretariat is seeking applications for their Youth Advisory Panel. The panel is a way for the Youth Secretariat Chair to hear and consult with Alberta’s youth. Working alongside Matt Jeneroux, MLA for Edmonton‑South West, the panel will be tasked with providing feedback on emerging issues for youth in our province. If you or someone you know is an enthusiastic 15-22 year old, who wants to help create a more caring, vibrant province, apply to the Youth Advisory Panel by downloading an application at www.yap.gov.ab.ca (http://www NULL.yap NULL.gov NULL.ab NULL.ca/). For more information or assistance on applying you can see Cliff in Student Services. The deadline for applications is October 12th.
Monday, Oct 1st
Early Dismissal on Tuesday (Tomorrow)
Students will be dismissed at 2:12 PM tomorrow. Staff are required to have a brief operational meeting. Treat Tuesday like a Thursday (and Thursday is as usual). Thank you for your attention to this. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Thursday, Sep 27th
Attention Students…. For today’s daily announcement contest answer the following 5 questions and take your answers to Stephanie in the Social room. The first student will receive a $5 Subway card and 2 points. The next 4 will receive a $5 Subway card and 1 point. All others will receive a choice of 1 point or the Subway card:
- Use a prefix to turn the phrase “of many cultures” into one word
- What is the range of 47, 23, 17, 21, 76?
- Write 3 separate sentences using their, they’re and there
- What countries fought the War of 1812?
- What does the symbol Fe stand for?