Tuesday, Mar 12th
The school sweat will be held on Mon. March 18 from 9:30am to 3pm. Sign up through your home room teacher.
See Tim or Cliff for additional information.
Friday, Mar 8th
The March housing list is available in Student Services, or online at: http://www.bsec.ab.ca/for-students/housing/
Monday, Mar 4th
Staff vs. Students Hockey Game
Friday, March 8, at 1:30 at the Oliver Arena, staff and students will engage in a friendly game of ice hockey. All are invited to come watch. If you would like to play, and need equipment, see Ken as soon as possible.
Friday, Mar 1st
Attention Students: Answer the following questions and win prizes. Take your answers to Stephanie in the Social Room. Today’s prizes are a $5 Subway card for the first 5 students, a BSEC tee shirt for all and 3 points for all.
1. Describe a minimum of 3 things that you can do to make people in this school feel safe and comfortable
2. If you attended the presentation the other day, tell Stephanie what the speaker was talking about and name at least 1 thing you learned. If you did not attend the presentation, read about bullying on the Internet and tell Stephanie at least 1 thing about bullying that you did not know before.
3. What topics would you be interested in having a guest speaker discuss in our school? OR what type of presentation would you be interested in seeing here as a school-wide activity? Talk with Stephanie if you need clarification about this question.
4. Find a student in the school that is not currently playing the daily announcement contest and tell them about it. That student will receive 1 point and a BSEC tee shirt from you
5. What prizes are today’s daily announcement participants winning?
6. Suggest to Stephanie grand prize ideas for the end of the school year. YOU Must suggest at least one REASONABLE idea
Tuesday, Feb 26th
Attention Students. For today’s daily announcement contest, answer the following questions and then go see Stephanie in the Social Room for your prize. For today, the first 5 students will win a $5 Subway card and a BSEC tee shirt. For those students who already have a tee shirt, you may have another one plus you will win one to give to another student.
Every student will receive points today – but how many? 3, 2 or 1. You will be drawing your points from a hat. If you like your points, you may keep them OR you can trade them for an envelope containing maybe something better… maybe not…..
- When is pink shirt day and what is the significance of this day? Is BSEC doing anything for this day? Go see Scott if you are unsure.
- What is bullying? Give several examples.
- Is there anything you can do if/when you see bullying in your school or out?
- What do you think schools and teachers should do about bullying in a school?
- Name several things you are thankful for in your life
YMCA Youth Exchange:
Students participating in the YMCA Youth Exchange have a compulsory meeting to attend in the Video Conference Room today in Blk 5.
Pink shirt day
Watch the video below and click HERE (http://www NULL.stopabully NULL.ca/bullying-resources/anti-bullying-videos) for more resource videos about bullying
Monday, Feb 25th
There will be a pipe ceremony today in the Native Studies Room @ 230PM. All students and staff are encouraged to attend.
YMCA Youth Exchange:
Student participating in the YMCA Youth Exchange have a compulsory meeting to attend in the Video Conference Room on Tuesday, Feb 26th in Blk 5.
Pink Shirt Day
Feb 27th is pink shirt day: The first 35 students to sign a pledge that Wednesday against bullying, will be given a pink shirt to wear for the day. Schools across the country will participate in similar ways.
Friday, Feb 22nd
YOUTH EXCHANGE MEETING: There will be a meeting for all participants taking part in the YMCA Youth Exchange on Tuesday, February 26th in Blk 5 (1:12PM) in the Video Conference Room. All YMCA Youth Exchange participants are expected to attend.
Wednesday, Feb 20th
Pink Shirt Day committee:
Please meet blk 1 Thursday Feb 21st for poster and button making. Ask Tim for more details.
Wednesday, Feb 6th
Pink Shirt Day
Anti bullying student committee members- please meet with Tim Blk 1 Thursday Feb 7th.
Monday, Feb 4th
“The February Housing List is now available in Student Services, or online at: